Who We Are
Slough Borough Council is a local authority based in East Berkshire, South East of England. Our vision is “People are proud to live in Slough where diversity is celebrated and where residents can enjoy fulfilling, prosperous and healthy lives.”
What Information Is Being Collected And How?
- We collect your personal data through opt-in forms on our app and microsite (www.exploreslough.co.uk) or through correspondence such by phone, email, social media or otherwise. Any personal details you knowingly provide us include name, address, company details, telephone number, email address, username and password.
- ‘Personal information’ you provide us with is defined as ‘name, address, company details, telephone number, email addresses, username and password’ only.
- All personal information supplied and held on our databases is used solely for the purpose it was originally intended for.
How Will It Be Used?
We will use your data to:
- Conduct our core business functions.
- Keep you informed of Slough town centre related news.
- Send promotional emails beneficial to the business community regarding events, offers, products and services within Slough.
Who Will It Be Shared With?
Under the GDPR, we have a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you. We do not share personal data with third-party organisations without prior consent.
How Long Will You Store My Personal Data?
In accordance with Data Protection Legislation, we will only store this information for as long as the original purpose dictates.
How Will My Personal Data Be Secured?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. All of our electronically stored information is safeguarded against loss, theft and cyber attack through our investment in security and risk mitigation controls measures in place.
Controlling Your Personal Data
Quality assurance is achieved on GDPR compliance through regular reviews and the deletion of expired data as well as opt-out options on our marketing communications.
If you have signed up for email alerts, you can unsubscribe or change your settings at any time by selecting the ‘unsubscribe’ link in our emails.
If you would like to request access to any personal data relating to you that we hold, want any of your information updating, correcting or you would like to be removed from our database completely, please contact us at:
Slough Borough Council
1st Floor West
St Martins Place
51 Bath Road
Slough SL1 3UF